TERMS OF SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE
The following terms govern your purchase of the Services, to the extent such purchase is required. As used herein, “payment method” means the credit card, debit card or bank account information you provide to us from time to time in connection with a subscription or purchase. Please print or save to your device a copy of this page.
A. Continuous Subscription Terms and Right To Cancel
By providing your payment method information and submitting your order as your electronic signature, you accept a CONTINUOUS SUBSCRIPTION, which means your initial subscription will automatically renew until canceled. You have the right to cancel at any time by contacting Customer Service. We do not accept written correspondence sent by U.S. mail.
The relevant and specific payment terms and offer are provided when you subscribe (the “Order Page”). The introductory rate, if any, is valid for the period of time specified in the Order Page. That amount will be the initial charge made to your payment method. After the introductory offer, your payment method will automatically be charged the amount specified on the Order Page until you notify Us to cancel.
B. Automatic Payment Authorization; Digital Subscriptions, Print Subscriptions, Print Delivery + Unlimited Digital Access and Other Properties
By providing your payment method information and submitting an order as your electronic signature, you authorize us to initiate charges/debits to your payment method automatically to pay each of your periodic payment amounts when due. Initial prices and your billing periods are set forth on the Order Page. Charges will be made to your payment method as of the due date of each payment or the next business day and in the amount of the payment due. This authorization will remain in effect until it is cancelled by you or Us. You may cancel this authorization at any time by calling Customer Service and your cancellation will take effect after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on it. We may cancel automatic payments at any time if any payment is returned by your financial institution unpaid. If you or we cancel this authorization without you cancelling your subscription, you will still be required to make your payments by check or other means. Our inability to collect your payments automatically does not result in a cancellation of your continuous subscription.
For digital subscriptions, if your credit card expires or your payment method is otherwise invalid, your subscription or product will be terminated. You may update your billing and payment information by calling Customer Service.
You are solely responsible for any and all fees charged to your credit or debit card by the issuer, bank or financial institution including, but not limited to, membership, overdraft, and insufficient funds and over the credit limit fees. You agree to pay a $35.00 service charge (plus applicable taxes) for all rejected payments, whether by credit card, debit card, check or auto-debit.
D. Eligibility for special or promotional offers
Any special or promotional subscription offers are only available to new subscribers and households that have not subscribed to the print or digital edition in the past 30 days (previous account must be in good standing) and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Home delivery offers are only available in our home delivery area and limited to one offer per household. See specific special or offer for all details and terms.
E. Other Terms for subscriptions
- Payment amounts and timing were described in the offer that you accepted online;
- Future prices may be higher. We reserve the right to increase rates at any time. You will be notified in advance of any change in rates;
- Temporary Stops: Billing for digital only subscriptions is continuous. For print plus digital subscriptions, you may request a temporary stop of the print product.
- Billing Disputes: All disputes must be received by phone or in writing within 30 days of the statement date. Disputes received after this timeframe will not be eligible for review.
- Print Refund Policy: If your subscription is terminated and you have a credit balance of more than $5.00 with us, a refund will either be credited to the credit or debit card on file if the card account is open or a check will be mailed to the postal address we have on record approximately thirty (30) days following termination.
- Early Termination: A $5.00 early termination fee will apply to the unused portion of any discounted subscription.
- Digital subscription usage and sharing accounts: One user and one guest user per account. One concurrent session. If a user is found to be in violation of this rule, the account may be terminated without eligibility for a refund.
- Complimentary subscriptions: We reserve the right to revoke access to complimentary subscription accounts for any reason or no reason, in our sole discretion.
F. Gift Cards and Premiums included with Subscription Offers
Eligibility for gift cards or premiums is contingent upon agreement to participate in automatic renewal billing. Subscriber must enroll in the auto renewal program and maintain a current, paid-in-full account (with no outstanding balance) for no less than 13 weeks (or as specified on promotional offer) to be eligible for gift card (including electronic gift cards) or premium. Non-compliance will result in a charge to customer for amount of gift card or premium. Gift card and premium values vary based on our product(s) or services by the subscriber. These gift cards are issued by third parties and are subject to any applicable terms and conditions promulgated by the relevant third party. You agree and acknowledge that We are not liable or responsible for any issues or problems you may have with your gift card.
G. Customer Service Contact Information
The Brownsville Herald: 956-982-6664
The Monitor: 956-683-4300
Odessa American: 432-337-7314
Valley Morning Star: 956-421-9800